Traditional chinese calligraphy, Traditional Chinese Poem “Wei cheng qu (渭城曲)”
Size: 122cm x 47 cm
Handmade by chinese artist, master calligrapher. Original and unique.
Mounted on silk bracket, ready to be framed.
This traditional poem was written by Wang Wei, during the Tang Dinasty and it’s called “The song of Wei City” . “Wei” is the ancient name for Xi’an (西安).
"The rain has soaked the soil of the Wei City,
the trees around my house are fresh.
Oh, my friend, drink the last glass of alcohol to say goodbye,
because when you exit to Yang Guan west path [refers to the frontier of Ancient China] you won’t have this old friend”.
Wang Wei was one of the most famous and important poet of Ancient China. He wrote this poem when he was already very old.
He wrote it during a very turbulent period of Ancient China’s history, when (755-762), when there was an internal rebellion.
The friend of the poet whom the poem is adressed was going to protect the frontier, and the poet tries to express his sadness, because he doesn’t know whether his friend was going to come back home or not.
Buy genuine and high quality traditional Chinese art at our online store:
Buy this one at:
23 Notes/ Hide
- onelittleballerina reblogged this from accolent
- ominous-omens likes this
- your-favourite-secret reblogged this from c0gnitive-dissonance
- prudentwallflower likes this
- theyoungandoblivious reblogged this from c0gnitive-dissonance
- captainthundernuts reblogged this from c0gnitive-dissonance
- captainthundernuts likes this
- c0gnitive-dissonance reblogged this from accolent
- accolent reblogged this from ghost-buddha
- ghost-buddha reblogged this from maimai-wenhua
- insidious-plum likes this
- potsyelooy reblogged this from foxnana
- you-can-call-me-smoke likes this
- mingsonjia likes this
- tempybun likes this
- foxnana reblogged this from shiningking and added:
- foxnana likes this
- tsaritsarossii likes this
- shiningking reblogged this from maimai-wenhua
- aznpersuazzn likes this
- camillia59 likes this
- maimai-wenhua posted this